1 red onion finely diced
¼ cucumber finely diced
The juice of 1 lemon
2 Tablespoons low fat cream cheese
1 Tablespoon finely chopped parsley
Pinch of salt and pepper
4 Tins of tuna (119g tins)
2 Cloves of garlic crushed
6 Tablespoons of light mayonnaise
1 Teaspoon lemon juice
Pinch of salt
1 Teaspoon of extra virgin olive oil
12 Cocktail tomatoes cut in half
1 Red onion cut in rings
1 Red bell pepper
1 Bunch of rocket
1 Head of iceberg lettuce
1 Lemon cut into 4 segments
4 slices whole wheat bread (toasted)
1) Tuna mix: mix all your ingredients together and refrigerate.
2) Garlic mayonnaise: mix all ingredients together and blend.
3) Salad mix: Prepare your salad, add more or ingredients of your choice.
4) Once your salad is prepared and ready, toast your bread.
5) While waiting for your toast, put your salad together, garnish with lemon and fresh coriander and dress your salad with your garlic mayonnaise dressing.
Reasons for this dish
I have chosen Tuna as the protein for this month’s dish.
Benefits of tuna in your diet are:
- It is easy for any budget, thanks to the inexpensive canned variety of products.
- Tuna also only has a total of 2% fat. So if looking to burn fat this fish is the powerhouse for burning of fat.
- Tuna is also a great source of Omega3 fatty acids. Omega3 also promotes heart health, by reducing the risk of heart attacks and blood clots.
This salad is not only easy to prepare but low in calories, healthy and nutritious. You can have this dish as a starter, light lunch or a main meal.